Shadow enhances TV and mobile apps for Android & iOS gaming
Android and iOS gaming on a new level - our Shadow mobile apps revolutionised to bring out the best of both TV and mobile devices!
The future of mobile gaming? You’ve found it.
We wanted to continue our 2020 trend of “improvement”. So, we reviewed a lot of the feedback on discord and our in-app store reviews and are proud to officially release our new Shadow app. We’re excited to release new experiences for Android, iOS, and TV.
We completely overhauled the mobile app that can be used on smartphones and TV:
- You can launch games directly from your home and save time (no need to go through Windows or your game launchers first - also, be able to launch games with your gamepad).
- You have all your installed games from any of your launchers displayed to better navigate and have everything in one beautiful place.
- Both your mobile and TV experiences are now optimized:
- Touch in mind.
- Virtual keyboard for mobile users that haven’t connected a keyboard to their smartphone.
- Improvements to navigate with gamepad → perfect for TV (fyi this works with your remote control as well - super cool).
- Virtual gamepad on smartphones (note: we still recommend using an actual gamepad if possible).
We assume you are probably wondering what features we have actually added. Fair enough. To start, you are now able to utilize your Shadow to enhance your household ambiance (fancy way of just saying you can use Shadow on your TV). Imagine having your PC games playing in the background of your home. Or why stop there? Anything you can think of on your Windows desktop being displayed on your TV to complement your home.
But we didn’t just think about the aesthetic aspects of this new app. We wanted to improve simplicity, so now you can use the Shadow app to open your games with just one click. That’s right. One click. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
And with this new app, we now support all of your favorite launchers:
- Riot Games
- Rockstar Games
- Magic: The Gathering (this was a non-negotiable add as our Product Manager is MTG’s biggest fan!)
- Additional game launchers to come soon!
We have also added some massive UI and navigation enhancements to create the perfect (we’re getting there) mobile and TV experience for you! We went for an intuitive, efficient model to make it as easy as possible (and without any of the clunkiness). You’ll have to check them out for yourself, and let us know what you think.
What if we told you it was the time for the mobile gaming revolution?
Sounds fake, right? Well, we are trying to change that and provide you with a wonderful PC experience on your mobile device.
Your PC away from your PC. We are talking about real PC gaming on your mobile device and a sleek couch experience on your TV. We are here to bring you the best of both worlds, and take Shadow further than before.
But we also want to be transparent with you all. We weren’t able to test all devices in the world (I mean… that’s a lot of devices). So, we rely on your feedback to improve our new features. We welcome it. Please, tell it like it is! We are listening. :)
What's to come?
We hope you are going to enjoy the Shadow app, completely inspired by your feedback! But the whole point of 2020 for Shadow is improvement, so we want to keep moving forward. To honor this, here’s what is to come (no hard dates yet - don’t hate us):
- Shortcuts for Android will be available at launch.
- Implementing these shortcuts for iOS around 2 weeks later.
- Virtual gamepad improvements including alternative gamepads designed for specific games.
- Better support for Chromebooks.
- Simpler ways to login.
- New ways to play together with your friends.
We’re genuinely ecstatic to have been able to bring you (our Shadowers!) this newly revamped app! The overhauled app is just the start of this simpler, smarter way to play on Shadow. It’s all thanks to your feedback; we appreciate you speaking up. We can’t grow without your input, so thank you!
Our new app is available for Android, Android TV, iOS, and Apple TV, so don’t wait to start experiencing Shadow on your favorite mobile platforms today!
If you have any questions (or want to send us more feedback - which we would love), please don’t hesitate to check out our Discord, FAQ, and help center. We’re here to help! :)
Want to learn more? Sign up for our newsletter if you want to stay informed about the latest news regarding Shadow!