The good working of the Services, including open posting areas, such as forums and help centres, implies that the User will use them in a reasonable and responsible way. In particular, the right to access a Shadow® remote computer provided by HUBIC as part of its Services is a right reserved exclusively to the User, for his or personal and private use, excluding, in particular, any business activity.
The User is also prohibited from misusing the Services, or helping a third party to do so. In particular, when using the Services, the User is prohibited from:
- violating any law or regulation applicable, in any form whatsoever, for example, by storing, publishing or sharing fraudulent, defamatory or misleading content, or intending to incite crimes and offences, racial hate or suicide, justify crimes against humanity, or containing child pornography, or even any content of a violent or pornographic nature where the content could be accessed by minors;
- infringing the personal privacy or rights of third parties, for example, by propagating data, images or sounds that could be defamatory, offensive, derogatory or that could infringe personal privacy, right of personal portrayal, principles of morality or public order, or by spreading tangible and intangible goods protected by an intellectual, literary, artistic or industrial property right which may be a counterfeit;
- hacking or attempting to hack into third-party computer systems, hosting botnet-type aggressive services, spreading viruses, worms, spyware, time bombs, attacks (such as DDos, DoS, scanning, spamming, brute force, etc.) or other computer programmes with the purpose or effect of restricting, harming or altering the proper functioning of all the hardware or computer programmes;
- probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of any computer system or any network (for example, by carrying out "pentesting” tests), unless this is done in accordance with a vulnerability search and detection of faults programme (known as "Bug Bounty") expressly authorised by HUBIC;
- violating, bypassing, or forcing, in any way, any security or authentication measure;
- accessing, using or modifying non-public areas or parts, or shared areas or parts, of any computer system or network, or of any service, including the Services, which the User is not invited to access;
- disrupting or interrupting the access of a third party or of another User, of a host or a network including, among other ways, by the sending of a virus, by overloading, by data flooding, by sending spam, or by sending a large number of emails or requests, to any part of the Services or any part of the services of third parties;
- consulting or attempting to consult the accounts giving access to Services other than that of the User, performing actions there or creating them by a means other than our public interfaces made available for this purpose (for example, creation of accounts en masse or implementation of the techniques known as "scraping");
- mining cryptocurrencies or using Shadow's® computing power to break encryption keys;
- sending unwanted messages, promotions or advertising, or spam, or modified, misleading or false source identification information, including by spoofing or techniques known as phishing techniques, and in general, taking the identity of any other person whatsoever;
- reselling the Services, in any form whatsoever, or more generally, without the prior authorisation of HUBIC, using the remote computer provided by HUBIC for business services, or even in such a way that the purpose or effect is to make all or part of the Services available to third parties, in return for payment or free of charge; or even using Shadow® as a server or with Software that has the function of a server;
- hampering or attempting to hamper, in any way whatsoever, the proper functioning of the Services, and in particular, disabling, altering, infringing or circumventing, or attempting to disable, alter, or circumvent, in any form whatsoever, any device or feature of the Services, in particular any security or authentication feature, access restriction, storage limit, or any standby or shut down mechanism, or providing HUBIC with false or inaccurate information, or accessing, modifying or using non-public areas of the Services or common areas of the Services which you are asked not to access;
- printing, copying or reverse engineering any code or HUBIC hardware, including Software, or more generally, taking any action that could be harmful to HUBIC;
- probing, analysing or testing the vulnerability of any system or network.
It is understood that the above list is not exhaustive. The applicable laws and regulations can be understood, notably, as those applicable to the geographic location of the servers, those applicable to the geographic location of the User when he or she makes use of the Services, as well as those of the country in which the User has subscribed to the Services.
HUBIC reserves, in particular, the right to suspend or cancel all use of the Services that could hamper the proper functioning of HUBIC computer hardware or the general functioning of the Services, or in the event of use of the Services contrary to the Code of Conduct.
HUBIC also reserves the right to monitor, amend and/or remove any content posted on the Websites and on open posting areas such as forums or the help centre. However, under no circumstances shall HUBIC be liable for content posted by the Users and is under no obligation to monitor, amend and/or remove the content. HUBIC reserves the right not to publish, amend or remove the content for any reason whatsoever. Furthermore, if HUBIC accepts to publish, amend or remove the content, it shall not be held liable for setbacks and/or delays in this procedure. If the User publishes content on open posting areas, he or she grants HUBIC a free, transferable, sub-licensable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create a derivative work, distribute and display this content worldwide, for a period of ten (10) years.