What is the point of the Shadow box? Why not offer a software-only service?
True, Shadow technically works with existing computers, and we could offer a purely software solution, where the user simply uses the machines he already has. This will remain possible because Shadow users can access their Shadow environments remotely from any machine connected to the Internet.
1) The Shadow Box allows optimal decoding, that is to say that the decoding is done at a processor level instead of having to go through software and operating system layers.
2) Having a Shadow Box allows you to directly start Shadow; with another computer there is the risk of a slower start and even possibly flawed due to various viruses or malware on the host.
3) We do not want to sell software. Our desire is to offer a complete package which can compete and replace even the most high-end configurations on the market.
4) The terminal allows for a "plug and play" experience, with no need for complex configurations to decide which USB devices are seen by the remote computer and which ones operate on the local computer.
Simply put, we offer a terminal that will have multiple advantages over existing computers such as:
- Less space requirement
- Does not heat up
- Consumes significantly less power
- Beautiful design