Your cloud PCs, ready for business
Shadow provides the most powerful, agile, and cost-efficient cloud-based PCs: just choose your configuration, install the app and enjoy a brand new Shadow PC Pro on all your devices.
Create your fleet from a wide range of powerful Windows PCs in the cloud
Shadow Business Manager
Configure your machines and user access for your team, customers or partners
Your data is stored in secure and sovereign OVHcloud infrastructures (in France/Europe for European companies)
Shadow Business Manager: everything in one place
- Shadow Business Manager is our tailored solution for creating your fleet of Shadow PC Pro. With our simple but highly-effective configuration and user management tool, you can easily create and assign new cloud PCs in just a few clicks. You can create your Cloud PCs for as long as you need, for 1, 2, 3 months or years.
PC configurations for all your needs
- Choose from a selection of GPUs, starting with NVidia 1080/P5000, RTX 5000, and RTX 6000. Our Shadow Pro PC configurations go up to 32GB of RAM, 5TB of storage and 4,5GHz 8 vCores with Intel Xeon.
Connect anywhere like any streaming service
- We provide an exceptional image/streaming quality, as well as access from any location* with stable, high-quality Internet connection (10 to 40 Mb/s, ping < 30ms)
<i>(*in Europe for European customers, in the US & Canada for customers in North America)</i>
Compatible with your devices & accessories
- Access the Shadow PC app from a very wide range of devices you already own: PC, Mac, tablet, smartphone, Raspberry Pi and even VR headsets. Want to use a USB peripheral or a secondary screen? You can easily connect a large number of accessories, they will be automatically detected in the app.
Secure and sovereign: your data is in good hands
Our European infrastructure is built with compliance in mind, and provide you with the best security for your files, without exploiting them.
Frequently asked questions
The main differences between the B2C and B2B offers are as follows
- A Windows Professional license (the use of B2C accounts for professional use is not in accordance with the Windows licensing policy)
- This is the main reason for the price gap; currently the OS provided is Windows Server 2019 (W10E with BYOL in Q1 2023)
- The Shadow Business Manager tool
- It allows the management of the allocation, reallocation, duplication of accounts according to the needs of each customer.
- The updates in Q1 & Q2 will add Access Right Management, Account time sharing (for Education), Group Management, Templating & Cloning,
- The period of inactivity leading to a session closure is increased to 2 hours for professionals (30 minutes for consumer offers);
- Extended shutdown options (Q1 2023)
- SLAs ( S2 2023)
- Bill compliant with B2B and VAT requirements.
- At the moment, a Shadow account can be shared only by sharing credentials (with an email security check when used from another device)
- You can share an account over time (no simultaneous access) by sharing the credentials (which is ok in a close and trusted group)
- Also, for any 1st connection on a new device, an authorization request will be sent to the email associated to the account.
- In Q1 2023 we’ll launch the possibility to share a given machine between several users over time (planned shared access)
- In all cases, there is no concurrent access to a machine.
8-10 hours a day is time average; if you have an intense week of work, Shadow will not stop you from working, as some time you will need to sleep. A current feature/limitation is that without keyboard/mouse inputs for 2 hours, the session will close; so for rendering type work, with long back-end processing, it does not fit In the short term, the shutdown can be extended on demand through a simple request to the support In the medium term, you’ll be able to trigger it directly from the Shadow Business Manager
You can test Shadow by simply ordering it and using it for one month, as this is the minimum commitment For specific use cases, the Shadow Business team can authorize and create a free test account, The duration is 1 week or 10 days, not across 2 months
Shadow PCs are associated with a Windows operating system (OS); it is either provided directly by Shadow and integrated into the product (we speak of "Bundle"), or it is provided unactivated by Shadow and it is up to the customer to bring and install his license key (we speak of "BYOL" (Bring Your Own License)). In the case of the Bundle, the current OS is Windows Server 2019; Soon, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 11 Enterprise will be available; In the case of BYOL, the currently licensed OS is Windows 10 Enterprise (inc the Education option).