Types of cookies
Shadow may deposit several types of Cookies on the terminals used by the User when using the Websites. These Cookies are of four types:
- Operating Cookies: they are essential for the proper functioning of the Websites and to enable them to function optimally. These Cookies may be deleted or refused by configuring the settings of the web browser used to browse the Websites;
- Customisation Cookies: they allow the management of Users’ preferences, such as the language of the site, and login details;
- Audience measurement Cookies: these Cookies are used to measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, the activity of Users on the Websites, their frequency of return, as well as the origin of Users;
- Third-party advertising Cookies intended to improve the interactivity of the Websites: the Websites rely on certain services offered by third parties, in particular sharing buttons, tweet lists and videos broadcast on the Websites. These features use third-party Cookies deposited directly by these services.
Deposit of Cookies
For each Site, during the first visit, an insert informs the User of the presence of these Cookies and invites him/her to indicate his/her choice.
Cookies are then deposited on the User's terminals or browsers in the following two cases:
- The User indicates his/her choice and accepts the deposit of Cookies; or
- The User continues to browse the Website by scrolling or by visiting a second page of the Website.
Duration of storage of Cookies
Cookies are kept for a maximum period of 13 months from obtaining the User’s consent.
The User can withdraw his/her consent at any time (see Preference Management) via our Cookie Management Tool, and can delete Cookies already deposited by configuring his/her web browser settings.
The User may choose to change his/her Cookie preferences at any time by using our Cookie management tool. It can be accessed here.
Purpose of Cookies
Cookies placed on the User's terminals and browsers have several purposes:
- Enabling the technical and administrative smooth functioning of the Shadow Services;
- Managing the User Account and User preferences;
- Improving Shadow's content, products and services;
- Measuring the audience and use of the Websites;
- Identifying the origin of the User;
- Following the User’s navigation;
- Compiling statistics;
- Making sharing tools available on social networks;
- Managing User registration for the newsletter and email notifications;
- Improving security; and
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
Shadow reserves the right to modify this Cookies Charter at any time and to notify Users of this by any appropriate means. The last update date visible on this page indicates the date of the last changes.
Date of last update: March 13, 2020