Powerful, simple and flexible
Shadow Business Solutions provides access to powerful PCs in the cloud that run as a local Windows PC and operates from most PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, and Android/iOS devices.
Optimize the budget
Don't buy a new device every time you need one: just choose the Shadow configuration that fits your budget
Add or delete machines in a click: administer your team's Shadow PC Pro fleet from a simple and intuitive interface
All your data is safely stored in our secure data centers, and kept completely private
Optimize your budgets
- Rent a powerful machine on a monthly basis without having to invest in costly equipment
- No need to own several PCs for each work environment: just connect to the same machine from any device at the office, at home, or anywhere you like
- Provide a solution for temporary employee needs: you decide how long you need each machine, and the duration of each access rights
Simplify your fleet management
- Reduce your machines’ hardware obsolescence: the Shadow PC app is supported by most Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices and streams a powerful Shadow PC Pro
- Manage all your Shadow PC Pro fleet with the Shadow Business Manager, our easy-to-use IT management tool
- Get the best of both worlds: easily run your Windows-only apps from your Apple work environment, without installing any third party software
Secure and sovereign: your data is in good hands
Our local infrastructures (based in Europe for European companies), are designed with compliance in mind, in order to ensure the security of your data, hosted exclusively at OVHcloud by adopting values that are essential to our commitments: sovereignty and security.
They already trust us
Frequently asked questions
The main differences between the B2C and B2B offers are as follows
- A Windows Professional license (the use of B2C accounts for professional use is not in accordance with the Windows licensing policy)
- This is the main reason for the price gap; currently the OS provided is Windows Server 2019 (W10E with BYOL in Q1 2023)
- The Shadow Business Manager tool
- It allows the management of the allocation, reallocation, duplication of accounts according to the needs of each customer.
- The updates in Q1 & Q2 will add Access Right Management, Account time sharing (for Education), Group Management, Templating & Cloning,
- The period of inactivity leading to a session closure is increased to 2 hours for professionals (30 minutes for consumer offers);
- Extended shutdown options (Q1 2023)
- SLAs ( S2 2023)
- Bill compliant with B2B and VAT requirements.
- At the moment, a Shadow account can be shared only by sharing credentials (with an email security check when used from another device)
- You can share an account over time (no simultaneous access) by sharing the credentials (which is ok in a close and trusted group)
- Also, for any 1st connection on a new device, an authorization request will be sent to the email associated to the account.
- In Q1 2023 we’ll launch the possibility to share a given machine between several users over time (planned shared access)
- In all cases, there is no concurrent access to a machine.
8-10 hours a day is time average; if you have an intense week of work, Shadow will not stop you from working, as some time you will need to sleep. A current feature/limitation is that without keyboard/mouse inputs for 2 hours, the session will close; so for rendering type work, with long back-end processing, it does not fit In the short term, the shutdown can be extended on demand through a simple request to the support In the medium term, you’ll be able to trigger it directly from the Shadow Business Manager
You can test Shadow by simply ordering it and using it for one month, as this is the minimum commitment For specific use cases, the Shadow Business team can authorize and create a free test account, The duration is 1 week or 10 days, not across 2 months
Shadow PCs are associated with a Windows operating system (OS); it is either provided directly by Shadow and integrated into the product (we speak of "Bundle"), or it is provided unactivated by Shadow and it is up to the customer to bring and install his license key (we speak of "BYOL" (Bring Your Own License)). In the case of the Bundle, the current OS is Windows Server 2019; Soon, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 11 Enterprise will be available; In the case of BYOL, the currently licensed OS is Windows 10 Enterprise (inc the Education option).